When you purchase a hosting package with us, you are offered a free domain transfer that applies for the following extensions:
The process of moving your domain name to HostArmada is a really simple process. To do so, several requirements must be met beforehand:
- Your domain's Status must be Active/OK. You should be able to see this either in your current hosting provider/domain registrar or in any of the whois database websites, such as who.is.
- Your or the owner of the domain name needs to have access to the administrative email account which the domain was registered with. When a request for the transfer is started a verification email is sent.
- You need the domain's Authorization Code (EPP Key). This can be obtained from your current registrar. Usually, they have a built-in functionality within their dashboards that generates this key. Note that this key has an expiration period so when you generate it, you must start the migration period before it expires as then you would need to request a new one.
- The domain name needs to be at least 60 days old. When you register a new domain the registrar places a domain lock, preventing the domain from being transferred for a period of up to 60 days. While this domain lock is active, the domain name may not be migrated.
- The domain name needs to have at least 15 days before it expires. This is not a mandatory requirement but it ensures that the domain name will be transferred before it expires, as the transfer process can take up to 14 days to complete.
- You must disable Domain Privacy (ID Protection) before the migration is started because it hides your administrative email address and you will not be able to receive the verification email.
When you have made sure that all of the requirements are met, please proceed to your Client Area. From there, press the "Domains" dropdown menu and from the list expanded beneath it, select "Transfer".
You will see a text field along with a domain TLD dropdown menu at the end. Please type in your domain, select your extension and press the "Check Domain" button located under the text field.
Upon clicking this button you will be redirected to a page where you need to enter the EPP Key we explained about earlier, along with the option to add a hosting package to your domain and additional addon services such as ID privacy.
When you are done with this, please proceed to the bottom of the page and press the "Continue" button. This will forward you to the "Review and Checkout" page where you can a payment method and finalize the process or if you had a sudden change of heart, empty the shopping cart and go back.